You don’t have to give up your crochet, knitting or sewing hobby just because you can’t find plus size crochet patterns and resources for knitting & sewing apparel for a plus size woman, big man or husky child. Check out these resources for the best tips and create beautiful, well-fitting apparel.
Books on Plus Size Crochet, Knitting & Sewing
Plus Size Crochet Patterns and Knitting Pattern Books
- Figure Flattering Plus-Size Fashions is loaded with patterns for tunics, vests, cardigans, wraps, a hat, and fingerless gloves in sizes from XL to 5XL.
- Curvy Girl Crochet: 25 Patterns that Fit and Flatter has 25 original crochet patterns for pullovers, sweaters, wraps, and more PLUS techniques and schematics to show crocheters exactly how to troubleshoot and solve pattern-fitting problems before they occur.
- Big Knits: 20 Stylish Designer Knits in Generous Sizes Using Rowan Yarn includes designs for women who want a comfortable, contemporary style that fits their shape.
- Plus Size Fashions in Crochet (Annie’s Attic Crochet) by Jill Hanratty
- Plus Size Sweaters to Crochet (Leisure Arts #3530) by Melissa Leapman Blowney
Plus Size Sewing Books
- Sewing for Plus Sizes: Creating Clothes that Fit and Flatter by Barbara Deckert
- Sewing 911: Practical and Creative Rescues for Sewing Emergencies by Barbara Deckert
- Singer Perfect Plus: Sew a Mix-and-Match Wardrobe for Plus and Petite-Plus Sizes by Kathleen Cheetham
- Fit for Real People: Sew Great Clothes Using ANY Pattern by Pati Palmer
Other Plus Size Patterns
Some patterns to size 32W at retail stores and online.
Dana Marie Design Co.
The Dana Marie Design Co. has patterns to size 5XL.
Plus-size clothing patterns and books online at discounted prices. Featuring many major pattern lines – Butterick, Simplicity, McCalls and more. Also fabric and sewing notions.
Fashion Patterns by Coni
Plus size patterns online to size 6X.
Mary Wilson Patterns
Check out Mary Wilson’s Pinterest page for a list of commercially-available sewing patterns for plus size women and larger men (chest size 48″ to 52″, 56″ or 68″).
Patterns online with some to size 32W. Includes Butterick, McCall’s and Vogue patterns.
Their patterns are available online to size 32W.
Fit Me Patterns
Custom-fit patterns using measurements from a bodyscanner at www.uniquepatterns.com.
For more helpful info check GrandStyle’s Plus Size Sewing 911 for great tips on plus size sewing, international size conversion chart and Pinterest pins for plus size sewing, crochet and knitting ideas.