Wait! Don’t close that suitcase. In addition to those flip flops, make sure you have these 10 items ready to go for your plus size travel enjoyment.
Planning for Plus Size Travel
For Travel Must Haves
1. Car or airline seatbelt extender. There is no reason to jam yourself behind a seatbelt that is too small. The airline can usually loan you a seat belt extender (just ask the flight attendant when you board). If you are traveling by car, a seatbelt extender makes sure the seat belt is positioned correctly and comfortably.
2. Wide suitcase. If you are larger than size XL, your clothes are wide, requiring more folding to fit into a standard size suitcase. Lots of folding means that your stack of clothes ends up taking up a lot of room in your suitcase, resulting in you having to pack fewer clothes. Look for a wider suitcase. Oh, one more thing, don’t forget to buy a suitcase with wheels!
For Comfort Away from Home
3. Petroleum jelly. After a long, hot day of walking, you will welcome a little petroleum jelly (i.e. “Vaseline”) or a stick antiperspirant for thigh chafing. Just coat the area in the morning and about every two hours. A beeswax product, such as Surgeons Secret, also works great to avoid chafing.
4. Cottonelle purse pack. This small package of pre-moistened towels will come in handy for a variety of personal cleansing and cooling actions.
5. A place to sit down. Having a foldable stool will come in handy when you need to stand in line. The mesh seat and retractable legs provide a handy seat to soothe tired legs and feet.
6. Comfortable shoes. Nothing can kill a fun day like a pair of sore feet. Pack at least one pair of shoes with good support…you’ll be surprised at how much more active you can be during a day when your feet don’t hurt. Consider New Balance, Sketchers or Vionics for maximum comfort.