Looking for extended wide calf boots? Most wide calf boots are only about an inch larger than other boots, fitting calf widths of 16″ for a size 6M boot. Widths on larger-sized boots (such as a 12W) may be up to 18″ wide. But, if your calf measures over 17″ you need extended wide calf boots.
Shopping for a big and tall recliner with extra width, extra length and lots of stability can be difficult:
- Weight Capacity – Some retailers only sell recliners designed to hold a person who weighs 250 pounds or less.
- Description – Some recliners may be sold as “oversized;” but, this adjective only refers to the seat width, not the weight capacity or the fully-reclined length.
- Length – Some recliners may hold more weight; but, a tall person will also need a recliner that has a taller back and a longer length when fully reclined.
- Delivery Time – Some retailers can order a sturdy recliner designed to hold someone who weighs up to 500 pounds; however, they require a special order that may take months to deliver.
Several of the big name recliner companies are now making and stocking recliners which are perfect for the larger or taller person. Prices tend to be cheaper online; so, our editors recommend checking the recliners out in a retail store environment and then ordering your recliner online.
Plus size holiday airline travel can become unbearable. In addition to the small seats on the airplane, the holidays add the stress of crowded airports and planes.
Tips for Plus Size Holiday Airline Travel
1. Travel when the plane is least crowded.
Even during the holidays, planes are less crowded over night (i.e. from 9 PM to 6 AM). Flying on the holiday itself will also be significantly less crowded than flying a few days before or after the holiday. For example, two uncrowded flight dates are Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.