Airplane travel in your future? For the most comfortable flight, do your research now and follow these five tips on how to find the best airline seats for overweight passengers.
- Fly to popular, bigger airports. Bigger airports tend to have larger planes (and more of them going to your destination) which will usually result in more comfortable seats to choose.
- Fly during less popular hours. The plane is less likely to be crowded at midnight than it would be a 2 P.M. And, “off hour flight times” usually are not so tightly booked. So, you have more seat selection and a greater chance to have an empty seat next to you. These will make your flight more comfortable.
- Check out the size of the seats and leg room (seat pitch) on the airplane you are considering. Before you book your seat, check out the seat’s width and seat pitch (the space between rows) on Seat Guru. Tip: Some airlines have special areas in coach with more seat pitch. You may pay a little more for your seat; but, you will be a lot more comfortable than being crammed in a low pitch seat zone.
- Select your seat when you book your flight. If your booking agent can’t give you a seat selection, call the airline immediately after making your reservation and reserve your specific seat.
- Sit on the aisle. The seat is not any wider than a window seat but you will have more shoulder room.
One more thought: Be sure to check back the day before departure to make sure that the airline has not changed the type of airplane to be used or switched your seat selection.